We’re inching toward the heart of the season with this episode, “Rainbow,” and it’s following in the last episode's footsteps with more profound social and leadership themes.
In this episode, we’re breaking down microaggressions in the workplace, the transition to a leadership role, how to balance assertiveness and humility, and the importance of being aware of other leaders in your organization. We also explore “doing” vs. “being” and how to approach dark seasons without avoiding unresolved or negative feelings.
We also go on to discuss the challenge of owning your authority around others, stepping into your sense of self, how the leaders we trust can aid us in this process, how to develop confidence through compassion, and why we have to embrace the spirit of play in a world of work.
“It’s all about play, and it’s all about remembering the joy in the thing you’re doing. And I think most all of us forget that…” – Dimple (38:57)
In This Episode
- [2:35] Unpacking subtle acts of exclusion and new leadership roles
- [12:51] Doing vs. Being and toxic positivity
- [17:59] Refining your personal brand
- [21:24] Representation in media
- [22:18] Developing your sense of self and stepping into your own “big-ness”
- [28:32] Straying away from toxic masculinity and insecurity
- [32:14] Why we need to support ourselves and others with compassion
- [37:44] Embodying the spirit and joy of play
- [50:37] Father (figures) and sons
- [51:13] Delegating responsibility and making room for change
- [55:55] Pop culture references
- [57:59] Takeaways for the week
Resources & Links
- 4 Steps to Creating A Human-Centered Organization
- Solve Your Problem With Play
- Jeff’s Positive Psychology Playlist